Monday, March 14, 2011

Featured Seller: Aly Barohn from Grandma Marie Vintage/Bow La Beau


Pieces from Aly's Grandma Marie Vintage line




Aly herself sporting her Bow La Beau handmade bow collection.

1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
I think my pieces are a combination of really sweet, authentic, typical vintage and vintage that can pass for contemporary. So sort of a mix of modern and old-fashioned.

2. What inspires you?
I mean, everything, of course. But mostly films. I work as a costume designer, so film is a big part of my life. I think I get the most inspired when I do research for a project. The gears start turning and I get upset that I don't have more free time.

3. Who is your fashion icon?
Any actress from the 20th century.

4. Who is your kind of customer?
I'm pretty sure I've sold to every time of man and woman on etsy. I've had some strange ones message me. I don't think there's ever a specific kind of person. Just someone who appreciates clothing from the past. And isn't afraid of a little thrift store stank.

5. Where can people find you?

Aly will be at Vintage Heaven this Saturday March 19th.