Thursday, January 6, 2011

Featured Seller: Mary Miller, Vintage Illustrator






(Mary Miller herself in this last pic)

1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
I like mostly 60s & 70s vintage, especially bright prints. I also like the earrings and brooches of the early 60s. I sketch fashions at the stores Knee Deep, Pilsen Vintage & Thrift, and Mr. & Mrs. DIGZ. Basically, I go in the store & ask if I can photograph the fashions for the purpose of sketching them.

2. What inspires you?
I like the glamour of vintage. I like hats, gloves, & purses worn with a hoodie & jeans. I like to wear a brooch in a modern way by pinning it to a headband.

3. Who is your fashion icon?
Garbo.

4. Who is your kind of customer?
My kind of customer is someone who likes to enjoy herself, and likes mixing colors and textures.

5. Where can people find you?

Mary Miller will be selling her beautiful illustrations at Vintage Heaven this weekend January 8th and 9th.