Saturday, January 8, 2011

Featured Seller: Leah from Onomatopoeia






(Leah herself in this last picture)

1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
I am a true hoarder and will pick up just about anything that catches my eye. I love fashions from every decade.

2. What inspires you?
What inspires me most are people. Just everyday people watching. Some have great ideas and put some wonderful pieces from various decades together and some...woof

3. Who is your fashion icon?
Being a child of the 1970's and 1980's I would have to say my biggest fashion influence was my mother who was a cocktail waitress and worked at an exclusive clothing boutique in the 70's. I also watched A LOT of Soul Train during this time period.
During the 1980's my biggest influences were Grace Jones, Prince and all his off shoot bands, and numerous Drag Queens and everyone who frequented Medusa's and Berlin in that time period. I also love the lovely ladies of the silver screen...Bettie Davis, Rita Hayworth, Veronica Lake. What I would not do to have Veronica Lakes hair!

4. Who is your kind of customer?
I hope everyone. I don't want to pigeon hole myself to just one type of customer. I like to think that I am here for everyone of every age, size and sex to find something that they will love and appreciate.

5. Where can people find you?
Hammond, it's not just for breakfast anymore

Leah will be selling at Vintage Heaven this weekend January 8th and 9th.