Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Featured Seller: Jason Rodriguez from dorsia SHANNON vintage






(Jason himself in this last shot)

1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
The style of dorsia-SHANNON is 60s mod, 80s street style, and 90s grunge with a modern twist. The look is never just one era I like to be eclectic and wear a kaleidoscope of genre's and decades, I think it makes the product a little more visually stimulating as well as more marketable under any medium.

2. What inspires you?
My hometown inspires me a lot (Los Angeles), city lights, dark thoughts, to as simple as a feather and beautiful architecture. I feel inspirations come at every moment, so I always keep my eyes peeled and try not to fall asleep on the CTA or a CAB because it may come at any moment in time.

3. Who is your fashion icon?
Mary-Kate Olsen!!, Warhol, and Pete Doherty TOP 3 for sure!

4. Who is your kind of customer?
My customer would be men who look at fashion as art and a form of expression and understand the art of dressing the body with art pieces daily. Typically ages between 19-35 and most likely don't drive-rely on CTA, and obsess over music, art and fashion. They also have a dark side :)

5. Where can people find you?
People can find me geek'd out on caffeine in front of my laptop working, thrifting listening to house music getting inspired OR- out with friends inspiring each other with each other's passion for life.


dorsia SHANNON vintage will be at Vintage Heaven on Saturday February 5th.