Saturday, December 11, 2010

Featured Sellers: Tanya and Lisa from Bunny's Trunk Show






1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
We like many different styles of jewelry - from 1930's-50's classically unique to the funky 1960's-70's to the bold 1980's.

2. What inspires you?
Tanya: If I had to pick one thing it would be sparkly jewelry. I love the glamour of the of the 1930's -1950's style. The quality of the rhinestone jewelry amazes me, after over 50 years it can still dazzle the eye. It also is inspiring to see the new trend of vintage jewelry showing up on the stars and in magazines. I have even noticed some of the designers coming out with 'new' vintage collections.
Lisa: I get drawn in by the sculpture of the piece. I love it when I get an intricate, handcrafted piece. And the fact that it could be decades old but it's still modern today.

3. Who is your fashion/design icon?
Tanya: Eisenburg and Weiss. They are the top vintage fine costume jewelry makers. I also tend to lean to Sarah Coventry because her styles have a very wide range from simple day wear to designer chic.
Lisa: I'm attracted to metals, like gold, silver and copper with gem stones and the artisan craft of, for example, Taxco and Scandinavian mod artists. My goal is to learn more about gem stones and the medicinal affects they have on people.

4. Who is your kind of customer?
Because of our wide range of jewelry styles and prices, we have a wide range of customers. It is great to see a 10 year old girl purchase a carnival glass necklace from the 1950's to a grandmother purchasing a fine estate necklace from the 1970's. When the quality, price and style are there, you can reach almost anyone at any generation.

5. Where can people find you?
They can visit us at www.BunnysTrunkShow.com.

Bunny's Trunk Show will be at Vintage Heaven this weekend December 11th and 12th.