Thursday, December 2, 2010

Featured Seller: Melissa of Vintage Freak






Melissa herself in this last picture.

1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
Currently I have heavier textured pieces due to the current season like sweaters, leather jackets and leather skirts. Just like the seasons my style is ever-changing. An adjective to describe my style would be: DIFFERENT. I like unique pieces no matter what era it originates from.

2. What inspires you?
At the moment fashion blogs have been a great source of inspiration. It is a spiritual awakening when you can be motivated by the talents of other people. Every blogger that I follow has their own style that is unique and relevant. Makeup: I'm a make-up artist, colors drive me insane in a good way. Most of the time my outfits are manifested based on my color mood. It takes one source of inspiration and then I build from that piece by piece. I never plan an outfit or look. Magazines: photography, hair, make-up, accessories and clothes that come together in a magazine is also very inspiring for me. It is a cumulation of talent collaborating together to make a great editorial for fashion. Some of my favorite magazines are Vogue, InStyle, Lucky, Bazaar to name a few. It gets a little bit out of hand because I end up having stacks upon stacks of them in my apartment.

3. Who is your fashion icon?
True fashionistas all over the world. You know the ones that are fabulous without even trying. The person that exudes effortless fabulousness is my icon.

4. Who is your kind of customer?
I cannot say that I have a specific customer type. What I do find rewarding is the customer that purchases something from my rack or table that speaks to them personally, that fabulous one-of-a-kind find. When a customer tells me that they love my selections, that is the best feeling in the world. At one of the past sales a customer purchased a dress from me that she loved so much that she featured it on her blog. My thoughts were: "Oh my God! That was on my rack!" It's surreal but it's nice when people appreciate your ideas.

5. Where can people find you?
Typically my rack is at the Vintage Heaven Big-Sales but sometimes I may be there. Or if anyone is interested they can shoot me an email at vintagefreak@rocketmail.com.

Melissa - or at least her rack : )) - will be at Vintage Heaven this weekend December 11th and 12th.