Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Featured Sellers: Lindsay and Lynn from Miss Ohio Vintage



1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
Lindsay: We specialize in the boho, festival, revival, grunge, hippie chic trends of the 90s that were inspired by the 60s and 70s. Our Fall/Winter collection for 2010 also touches on Avant Garde, another trend reiterated in the 90s.
Lynn: Most of the pieces we get model after current fashions however we try to draw from mid to late century trends.

2. What inspires you?
Lindsay: We find inspiration in all places - complimentary colors we see on a day to day basis are reincarnated in the ensembles we create from our wardrobe. In my personal style, I tend to combine boho with mod and even 80s prep. I like dolman tops and big loose t-shirts or crops, but I pair them with conservative Aigner loafers or bold 70s heels.
Lynn: I am OBSESSED with the 60's. Everything about it screams sexy, fun dance party. Short dresses and knee high leather boots are my staple. Photos of Jane Fonda, Bridgette Bardot and Nancy Sinatra litter my inspiration wall.

3. Who is your fashion/design icon?
Lindsay: It's hard to say who my icon would be. Having more reserved tastes, I really lean toward the styling of Etienne Aigner. In each decade the pieces carry trends while remaining classic. I love the understated presence of a good pair of loafers. It's humble despite it's key presence in an outfit.
Lynn: I like a mix of designers. Calvin Klein makes great basics that are always cut perfectly whereas Alexander McQueen pushed the envelope while still making wearable fashions. I like being able to draw from all aspects of the design world to make my own kooky outfits.

4. Who is your kind of customer?
Lindsay: We cater to any vintage lover, but we are specifically built around current fashion. What's popular on the runway now has a big effect on our stock. Rather than carrying any and all vintage clothing we find in good condition, we create actual collections and design our entire store around those. We cherry pick very specific pieces, but we have 4 different people doing so. This enables us to keep our collection going off the runway.
Lynn: Our customer the kind of girl who appreciates current fashion but recognizes the inspiration dawn from past collections. We try to choose classic pieces that can stand the test of time.

5. Where can people find you?
Lindsay: We consider ourselves a 'traveling vintage store' so we try to be everywhere. You can certainly find us online at MissOhioVintage.com, and from there you can make your way to our facebook, twitter, lookbook, chictopia, lookville, wikifashion, etc. We go to bars a lot. I mean Miss Ohio - we sponsor events where we host Best Dressed contests and sell our items at a discounted price. It's great exposure and I think it allows people to see us in a more laid back light.
Lynn: Ditto!

Miss Ohio Vintage will be at Vintage Heaven on July 31st and August 1st.