Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Featured Seller: Kate Alvarado from Katemade






(Kate in the picture above)

1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
One of a kind pieces with a vintage vibe and an urban edge. My style ideal is to turn the appeal of runway designs, and the beauty of clothing worn by iconic women of the past into street wear clothing for today, that is affordable!

2. What inspires you?
Iconic and strange women of the early and mid 20th century. I love looking at old photographs and finding weird old movies to view while I sew. I also love to people watch, there are such creative and beautiful people walking around these days.

3. Who is your fashion/design icon?
Vivienne Westwood will always make my heart melt and my mind explode!

4. Who is your kind of customer?
I have such a wide range from up and coming musicians, young artists, to your eccentric older woman...I love them all!

5. Where can people find you?
You can start by searching me on facebook (katemade). I have been selling in boutiques such as Chandelier Boutique in downtown Palatine, to Clothes Optional here in Chicago, and will be coming into a few more Chicago boutiques soon, so keep checkin my facebook! I also have an etsy, but because of fashion shows and sales I do not have anything there currently.

Katemade will be at Vintage Heaven on August 1st.