Friday, April 9, 2010

Featured Seller: Michelle Pauly from Yellow Birdd






1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
Feminine is the first word that comes to mind but I definitely think I
have a wider range than that. I tend to get into an obsessive state about
something and will focus on that until the next piece of inspiration is
present. Like right now I can't get enough of nightwear turned daywear (check the site to see what I mean). I am buying a lot of silky materials, lace and slouchy pieces. I wonder what I’ll become obsessed with next…

2. What inspires you?
Textures and patterns. Oh, and EVERYTHING ELSE! The most random sighting or half spoken word can trigger an idea.

3. Who is your fashion icon?
Wow, that is a hard one. There are plenty of actors, musicians and models out there with style I love but I have to go with my Grandmother. She still looks amazing to this day.

4. Who is your kind of customer?
Creative men and women who appreciate things that ARE NOT mass produced. People who enjoy vintage charm and have fun with their clothing- They aren't buying something because everyone is, they are wearing something because it's unique and looks good on them.

5. Where can people find you?
For apparel-
www.yellowbirdd.com
Don’t worry men- I know you're left out on the site but men’s clothing
will be posted soon AND I will have a selection at the show!

For housewares-
yellowbirdd.etsy.com