Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Featured Seller: Karyn Dethrow from Dethrose Vintage







1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
My favorite part of vintage is finding items that make every person feel awesome and stylishly comfortable in clothes that say something about themselves. So when I started this business, I knew i didn't just want to shop for my personal style. I definitely try to find things for my store that will appeal to every type of customer. But I always steer clear of costume feeling vintage. My pieces range from the 30's to the 80's/early 90's. Certain items will always be in fashion and it's up to each person to make it their own.

2. What inspires you?
Inspiration is definitely all about the mood I'm in. Whether its, fashion magazines, street style, music, old movies, new movies or landscape. I get inspiration mostly from the different interpretations of clothing and accessories. My style evolves every few months, and it usually depends on the music I am listening to. Right now, I'm really into french pop!

3. Who is your fashion icon?
There are so many. And they are usually characters. Ginger Rogers, Ava Gardner, Rhoda circa mary tyler moore, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Zooey Deschanel, Grace Kelly circa Rear Window, Dolly Parton, Debbie Harry, Peggy Lipton circa Mod Squad, Grace Coddington in her Vogue Modeling days. I guess you could say, strong and independent women who think outside of what everyone else is doing.

4. Who is your kind of customer?
Women who aren't afraid to try anything and have fun with fashion! That's what it's there for!!

5. Where can people find you?
www.dethrosevintage.blogspot.com
www.etsy.com/shop/dethrosevintage
Or come shop by appointment, email me: dethrosevintage@gmail.com