Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Featured Seller: Delia from Ameelia Bedelia






1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
I sell mostly mid century pieces for the kitchen and home. I am definitely drawn to the bright colors and shapes of that era and my house and shop are a reflection of that. Some of my items are more rustic and would fit well into cabin decor, others are more feminine and might be described as shabby chic.

2. What inspires you?
I am inspired mostly by other people's junk. :) I am amazed at the history behind some of the vintage pieces I find. I love repurposing old things into useful objects and bringing new life to things that may have otherwise rotted away in someone's basement. I love vintage linens and using the patterns to create artwork or stationary. I am also inspired by nature in a lot of ways, especially the ocean and forest. I consistently find myself picking up treasures that are either blue or green and everything in my house reflects that.

3. Who is your design icon?
Recently I have become enamored with Sandra Isaksson and Lotta Odelius' work. Mostly because they have an aesthetic that evokes mid century Scandinavian design, but with a fun modern twist. All of their pieces are colorful, happy and make me smile. :)

4. Who is your kind of customer?
The majority of my customers are women. Probably because I sell mostly housewares and I don't know too many men who have a penchant for melamine or milkglass. :) A lot of my customers are collectors who are looking for pieces to add to their collection or just want to add a bit of vintage charm to their decor.

5. Where can people find you?
You can find me at AmeeliaBedelia.Etsy.com!