Sunday, April 18, 2010

Featured Seller: Angela of MeanMillies







1. How would you describe the style of your pieces?
Mean Millies is a handmade brand that takes into consideration both vintage and modern aesthetic while acknowledging how product & design impact the environment. We don't specialize in a certain product, but rather we're a lifestyle brand. Often you will find our pieces are a marriage between feminine and masculine, and emphasis is placed on ambiguity. You'll find things for all areas of your home and personality, and we thrive on the process of creating great work.

2. What inspires you?
I'm very heavily influenced and inspired by my grandmother Mildred. She's the woman behind the brand name, and has one of the largest wardrobes I have ever seen. I'm fortunate enough to have many of her pieces in my own collection. Her style has always been unique and borderline gaudy, both of which appeal to me. Aside from that, I find inspiration in daily Chicago street style. This city breeds creativity.

3. Who is your fashion/design icon?
Fashion and Design icons for me come and go. It's not a stagnant industry, and likewise, my taste is ever changing and evolving. Right now I'm in love with Alexander McQueen's last collection. Feathers, gold, and black leather, come on! Fashion Icon right now would have to be Agyness Deyn. I love her whole attitude towards the industry, and her look is stunning.

4. Who is your kind of customer?
MeanMillies customers are most certainly into the vintage aspect of things. They enjoy good craftsmanship, and unique pieces that are versatile. Quirky and fun, in a nutshell.

5. Come visit us at MeanMillies.com, IronyIsOverrated.blogspot.com, and lastly http://www.etsy.com/shop/MeanMillies